CD drive not showing up anymore

Hello,

somehow my computer does not automatically pop up with a message when I enter a CD or DVD. Not in KDE, GNOME or XFCE. There is no automatic action at all. I can not even see any log entries when closing the CD tray with a new CD. But it used to work in the past. This is a new issue to me.

I am using Debian Testing. It works fine with USB sticks. And it doesnt work on second PC either which I just installed from scratch with debian testing.

Any idea what is broken and how to get this working again?

Thanks
Matthias