Re: CD drive not showing up anymore

On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 08:16:00PM +0100, Slavko wrote:

> My daughter has similar problem. I investigated it remotely only, but
> it seems, that the CD/DVD drive is not recognized at boot time. Then it
> is not a DE's related problem. I cannot tell more yet.

Occasionally I have a similar problem on a Wheezy sytem working on the
command line. If I blank a dvd then go to write an ISO, the drive isn't
recognised; eject doesn't work either. I can solve it by doing a
'udevadm trigger' which allows it to be used again.

It happens rarely enough to not get my goat up and investigate further.

So try 'udevadm trigger', and see if it helps.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X