Re: plese stop Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 15:22 -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> On 12/3/2013 2:45 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 14:39 -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> >> This thread began on Nov 24th, 10 days ago.  There have been 211 posts
> >> (including this one) in this thread.  I dare say it ceased being
> >> productive or insightful many, many posts ago.  And it ceased having
> >> anything to do with Debian Linux quite a while ago.
> >>
> >> Let's move on to something worthwhile.
> >
> > Mailer used by Stan is "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.0)
> > Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.1.1", so filtering unwanted threads
> > doesn't work that good for Thunderbird, perhaps a drawback of
> > Thunderbird when using mailing lists. Just a guess ;).
>
> I'll start depositing paper bags full of dogs poop on your front porch
> 20 times a day and light each on fire.  Your reaction to that will
> clearly demonstrate whether the problem has anything to do with your
> ability to filter the flaming dog poop, or if something needs to be done
> about the person depositing it on your porch.  Especially given that
> rules are already in place to prevent such a thing.  In this case they
> simply haven't been enforced yet.  For your sake, take a clue, and
> extricate yourself from this argument before they are enforced.  Don't
> assume that simply because it doesn't happen often that people don't get
> banned from debian-user.
>
> Ralf, do you really want to be known as the only person in 2013 to be
> banned from debian-user?  And for what?  A stupid argument over mail
> clients?

JFTR it wasn't me who did the last replies, it were other users. Those
other users talked about cookies and IMO this explanations, opinions
about cookies are not off-topic. Don't call me stupid, while you plays
mailing list police, just because you don't need information about
cookies. The OP is a newbie and has got newbie questions. Is there a
limit for replying to newbie requests? Please post a link, with such a
mailing list rule, Sheriff.

Regards,
Ralf