Re: New install (intel) can't video mode-switch

Frank Miles wrote:
> This is insane.  I have a new system with an Asus H87M-Pro MB, an intel
> i4770t. Fresh install of wheezy.  Things seemed mostly functional... but if I
> switched out of X to a terminal (Alt-Ctrl-Fn) the system would crash.  In
> addition, shutdown would only start, then it would crash (even if X was
> never started).
> If anyone has some spare clues, I could use one about now!  TIA!  Even just
> where to start, what to look for would be appreciated.

What graphics card do you have there?  This could be any of several
things.  It sounds like radeon modsetting requiring the nonfree
blobs.  Do you have firmware-linux-nonfree installed?

  http://bugs.debian.org/696571

If that is it then try enabling nonfree in your sources.list file.

  deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy main contrib non-free

  apt-get update
  apt-get install firmware-linux-nonfree

Not sure that lack of firmware-linux-nonfree is the problem but it
seems like a good possibility.

Bob