Re: colord Warning during upgrade to wheezy

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013, Bob Proulx wrote:

Reco wrote:
The contents of /var/lib/dpkg/info/colord.postinst explain this
behavior. Basically, they create the needed directory first, add the
colord user then and finally change permissions for the dir.

IMO, this is the usual thing, not a bug.

I just looked at that script.  I agree that as written now that it is
expected behavior by that script.  But I think the script is not
written well.  It should create the user first.  It is using adduser
to create the user.  It should let it create the home directory.  Then
the spurious message that is printed out during the installation would
be avoided.  That would be much nicer.

I don't have the time but I think it would be a good bug to fail
against the package.  Because the message is truly a spurious one that
need not be there if the package were perfect.

Bob

I filed a bug report (#730476).
Thanks for the comments.

Itay