Re: Update of kde-window-manager wants to remove kde-standard

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 03:04:02PM +0100, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think that will get eventually resolved, but I am just curious how I can find
> the root cause of this upgrade issue.

Hmmm.. root cause seems to be aptitude package dependency resolver.
This is so typical ...  I like aptitude but I do not like this
happening.

>  plasma-dataengines-workspace : Depends: libkworkspace4abi2 (= 4:4.11.2-3) but
> 4:4.11.3-1 is to be installed.
>
> there is certainly plasma-dataengines-workspace Version: 4:4.11.3-1, which
> depends on libkworkspace4abi2 (= 4:4.11.3-1)
>
> so why is aptitude complaining about this?
            ^^^^^^^^
There may be some packages which want 4:4.11.2-3 version.

This is the new updated text from my "Debian Refrence":

  The package dependency resolver of the aptitude command tends to
  suggests mass package removals when packages in unstable is temporary
  inconsistent. This situation is a bit frightening. Usually, "apt-get
  dist-upgrade" should resolve this situation. This situation seems to be
  caused mostly by the version skew among packages depended or recommended
  by a meta-package such as gnome-core.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html#_literal_apt_get_literal_literal_apt_cache_literal_vs_literal_aptitude_literal

Good luck,

Osamu