Re: Hp Proliant 460c drivers

On 10/22/2013 10:11 AM, Erick Ocrospoma wrote:
> On Oct 22, 2013 8:36 AM, "Stan Hoeppner" <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 10/21/2013 2:57 PM, Erick Ocrospoma wrote:
>>
>> Is this your first rodeo with HP servers?
>
> Blades yes
>
>>> I have installed Debian 7.1 on a few hp proliant blade servers, after
>>> installing I've seen that network is not working properly. It recognises
>>> around 8 interfaces, mii-tool says that there is not any link present.

I'm pretty damn sure that blade doesn't have 8x 10GbE interfaces.  It
should have one, or two if you purchased the dual port mezzazine board.

>> Post your dmesg and lspci output WRT to the NIC hardware so we can
>> verify which Ethernet chip it is.
>>

> lspci | grep Eth
> Ethernet Controller: Emulex corporation One connect 10GB NIC (be3) (rev01)

The kernel driver is "be2net".  Is the driver loading?  dmesg output please.

Are you using static assignment or DHCP?

What is the content of /etc/network/interfaces?

--
Stan