Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1

On 22/10/13 05:06 AM, didier gaumet wrote:
Le 20/10/2013 14:47, Sureyya Sahin a écrit :

with the free radeon driver, my laptop is not particularly heating.
I have enabled compositing in XFCE and no Gnome/KDE desktop parts are
installed.

I have tried both default Gnome and Xfce with debian wheezy stable and both of them were heating up abnormally. I tried both the stable and backported version of wheezy (for kernel 3.10) and it wasn't improving. I think Jessie testing has currently 3.10 (I am not sure about the non-free driver though). Thus, I didn't bother in switching to Jessie but instead I installed the closed-source version from Debian repositories.

I never tried KDE in debian. Given this tasteless situation I am in perhaps I should switch back to KDE in my future installs. I don't like some of the features of KDE like nepomuk, desktop activities etc. But nevertheless, it looks like it is a more suitable desktop for everyday use (provided you have a resourceful laptop).

lscpi shows: 02:00.1 Bluetooth: Ralink corp. Device 3298
it is recognized but not enabled
is your Ralink chipset a RT3290 or an older one (RT3090...)?
I think RT3290 bluetooth is still WIP in Linux, is n't it?
hciconfig and blueman-manager display no device and bluetooth-applet
does not show up (no device), bluetoothd being started.

Actually I can't see the bluetooth device from my laptop, which is strange. But lscpi shows me my wireless Ralink chipset

02:00.0 Network controller: Ralink corp. RT5390 [802.11 b/g/n 1T1R G-band PCI Express Single Chip]

I will try to find out more about it if I can. You may be right, probably my bluetooth is not recognized properly in Debian Wheezy.