Re: Hp Proliant 460c drivers

On 10/21/2013 2:57 PM, Erick Ocrospoma wrote:

Is this your first rodeo with HP servers?

> I have installed Debian 7.1 on a few hp proliant blade servers, after
> installing I've seen that network is not working properly. It recognises
> around 8 interfaces, mii-tool says that there is not any link present.

Post your dmesg and lspci output WRT to the NIC hardware so we can
verify which Ethernet chip it is.

> I've searched on Hp support page and they only bring a small iso for hdd
> drivers. Does anybody has had the same trouble with this model? They are
> new servers, firmware is not yet updated (is scheduled for tomorrow).

Which BL460C?  The G8?  The BL460C been on the market since 2010 at the
latest, 3 years ago.  There have been at least 3 hardware generations of
this blade.  However...

The NC373i has existed since at the latest 2007, 6 years ago.  It uses a
Broadcom chipset.  It is included in just about every HP server, has
been for over half a decade.  It is fully supported by Linux going back
to 2.6.

> Googling, i've read that there's only official support for RHEL family.
> Anyway, we prefer using Debian rather than other distro. Hope it is
> possible.

This is probably simply a non-free firmware issue.  The Wheezy installer
probably didn't install the firmware by default, nor ask you to do so.

See:  https://wiki.debian.org/Firmware

Look for:

Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5706/5708/5709/5716 Driver

Broadcom NetXtreme II
BCM57710/57711/57711E/57712/57712_MF/57800/57800_MF/57810/57810_MF/57840/57840_MF
Driver

--
Stan