Re: errant mouse-over behaviour.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@talktalk.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:28:29 +0200
> Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

>> > hardware possibility.
>>
>> Or use this mouse in another port or better with another computer.
>> Booting another OS, e.g. a Linux from a live media is useful.
>
> I've just unplugged all usb devices, and powered down and left it for
> 10 minute’s, restarted and then plugging in the usb devices once I’d
> got a desktop again. So now I'm just evaluating whether I've got rid
> of the problem. But it doesn't seem to have cleared it, the problem
> still remains.
>
> Thanks
> Sharon.

I'll get this kind of sticking with my netbook. Trackpad and mouse
together seem to conflict. But usually unplugging the mouse and
plugging it in a different port will clear the problem.

(I suppose I should see if there is a bug on this.)

Have you tried a different mouse, or the same mouse in a different
machine? If you can, it would at least help to eliminate the possible
hardware issues.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.