Re: errant mouse-over behaviour.

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:28:29 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-10-22 at 11:57 +0000, Curt wrote:
> > On 2013-10-22, Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@talktalk.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've got this rather weird problem atm, in that if I mouse-over
> > > something it is picked up by the mouse! I can mouse-over text and
> > > it is immediately highlighted! How can I [a] stop this, and/or
> > > [b]re-calibrate the mouse to get rid of this behaviour. Its
> > > developed overnight for some reason, and has even survived
> > > rebooting. I'm not aware of doing anything to provoke/create this
> > > weird behaviour, but its really winding me up! Can anyone suggest
> > > some solutions please?

> > hardware possibility.
>
> Or use this mouse in another port or better with another computer.
> Booting another OS, e.g. a Linux from a live media is useful.

I've just unplugged all usb devices, and powered down and left it for
10 minute’s, restarted and then plugging in the usb devices once I’d
got a desktop again. So now I'm just evaluating whether I've got rid
of the problem. But it doesn't seem to have cleared it, the problem
still remains.

Thanks
Sharon.
my git repo = https://github.com/boudiccas/dots
Debian 7.2, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.0.4
Registered Linux user 561944