Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1

One step after the other. First I would test everything that directly
has access to the drive. GVFS definitively "touchs" HDDs without a good
reason from time to time. What to do assumed it is or it is not the
culprit is the next step. I wouldn't waste my time with the question
about all possibilities. Perhaps it isn't the culprit and then there's
no need to think about a solution how to mount without using the command
line.

All right, I will remove gvfs as a first step. But I will not be able to confirm whether this problem is solved or not immediately because I am getting these sounds randomly. Thus, perhaps next week or following week I may have this sound again. During this period if I have to use a usb storage device, I would like to be able to use it without mounting it from the command line.

The howto use equivs to build a package isn't obsolet, perhaps it's
obsolet to use equivs for some tasks.

I will apply what you're asking for and post it. My only concern is this process of testing will take time. If I don't have this issue within 2-3 months, I will consider my problem as fixed. Otherwise, I will open up this discussion again. Will I be able to find you again to help me by that time?

S. Sahin