Re: sysadmin qualifications (Re: apt-get vs. aptitude)

On 10/19/2013 3:50 PM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 07:04:21AM -0400, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

          .......snip......

Try again.  States do not differentiate between civil engineers,
mechanical engineers, etc. and other engineers.  Use of the term
"Engineer" is what is illegal.  Check with your state licensing
board. The three states I've checked (Maryland, Texas and North
Carolina) are all this way.

I worked sub-contract for 18 yrs at a number of different companies in
several states. In all cases the job title of engineer was universally
used and carried no licensing requirement.

      .....huge snip of gross over quoting......

Robert,

Please see my previous post on this matter. Maryland definitely restricts it (I quoted the section from the code). New York may or may not; it's dependent on interpretation of the law. And although I didn't quote their codes, North Carolina and Texas also restrict it.

Jerry