Re: sysadmin qualifications (Re: apt-get vs. aptitude)

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 07:04:21AM -0400, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

         .......snip......

> Try again.  States do not differentiate between civil engineers,
> mechanical engineers, etc. and other engineers.  Use of the term
> "Engineer" is what is illegal.  Check with your state licensing
> board. The three states I've checked (Maryland, Texas and North
> Carolina) are all this way.

I worked sub-contract for 18 yrs at a number of different companies in
several states. In all cases the job title of engineer was universally
used and carried no licensing requirement.

     .....huge snip of gross over quoting......

--
Bob Holtzman
Your mail is being read by tight lipped