Re: Debian Wheezy - HP Pavilion dm1

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 05:50:41PM -0400, Sureyya Sahin wrote:
> OK, I guess this is the data you are asking for (I trimmed the other
> part again to make the message short):

Ok, according to what you posted, it looks to me like your drive is in
very good shape. If you're hearing clicks now that you didn't hear
before, I'd say it's not because the drive is going bad. They're
probably caused by something else, but I have no clue what. If you're
concerned that the drive has problems, you can try running tests like:

smartctl -t short /dev/sda

and check again with:

smartctl -a /dev/sda |more

after the time interval needed to test, to see what the results are.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1