Re: pcmanfm no window/gui, one user only

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 06:00:07PM -0500, Selim T. Erdogan wrote:
> Tazman Deville, 15.10.2013:
> >
> > You're talking about moving every .configfile in my $HOME?
> > That sounds a bit drastic, and possibly a bad idea.
> > Can we narrow it down to what possible files might actually affect
> > it without implementing such drastic measures?
>
> I don't know much about pcmanfm, but I looked at the strace output you
> posted, to see if there was anything that looked like it might be a
> filename in your home directory.
>
> Searching for "tony", I also noticed that the last line of the strace is
> ---
> connect(5, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="/tmp/.pcmanfm-socket--0-tony"}, 30^C <unfinished ...>

Hmmmm....removing this socket file has allowed me to successfully run
pcmanfm again.
I note there are similar socket files for other users, who can run it.
I can only assume there was something wrong with this particular file.
I also note that, after removing it, and successfully running pcmanfm,
I would expect a new socket, but there is none.
Nonetheless, I have successfully started and closed pcmanfm several
times, still without seeing a new socket appear.

For all practical purposes, it seems this is resolved at the moment.
I can't help but think there's a deeper, underlying issue somewhere
that might again rear its head.
But for now, it seems I can use pcmanfm again.

Thanks!
tony
--
http://tazmandevil.info