Re: pcmanfm no window/gui, one user only

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 02:22:06PM +0200, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

> Le 13.10.2013 13:44, Tazman Deville a écrit :
> >On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 08:11:10PM +0200, Tony Baldwin wrote:
> >>Friends,
> >>
> >>For some reason, when I try to use pcmanfm as my user, I can not.
> >>I can start it as other users on the system, or with gksu or sudo,
> >>but not for my user.
>
> So it must be a configuration problem, or other users would have the
> same problem.

This is one of the first things I thought,
but, as mentioned in my original message,
I replaced MY configs with those of another user
(and chowned them to me), and this made no difference.

> You could try a diff between your configuration and another user (
> do not only compare pcmanfm's files, it could be related to other
> stuff ).
>
> Or a longer but reliable technique:
> 1) move all your configuration files into another directory, so that
> the system won't be able to find them.
> 2) Run pcmanfm.
I'll try this.
So far, I'd only tried replacing the configs, not just simply making
then unavailable.

okay, moving the .config/pcmanfm contents to somewhere, thus leaving
the directory empty (no configs) seems to make no difference.

> You need pcmanfm-dbg to have symbols, it might help. However, I have
> never tried it myself.

I do have that installed.

> Also, you will need to put a breakpoint before running, or will need
> to manually interrupt application's workflow ( I have no idea about
> how to do that, but I know it is possible since some frontends seems
> to be able to do that)
>
> only filesystem and user's action, when it runs. Speaking about
> filesystem, do you have a different partition than other users? Do
> you use cryptography? Or other file-related voodoo magic? That would
> not be very usual, but who knows...

nope.

thanks for your assistance,
./taz