Re: mediatomb install fails on wheezy

Pierre Frenkiel:
> On Mon, 14 Oct 2013, Jochen Spieker wrote:
>

>>>   serious bugs of mediatomb (-> 0.12.1-4) <marked as done in some version>
>>>   #677959 - mediatomb: fails to build against current version of
>>>   libavformat (Fixed: mediatomb/0.12.1-5)
>>>
>>> I have several question about this error:
>>
>> By the way: the above is not an error.
>
>   I see that:
>   **********************************************************************
>   ****** Exiting with an error in order to stop the installation. ******
>   **********************************************************************

Oh, ok. You didn't quote that earlier. This list is sometimes frequented
by people who don't know how to quit less when apt-listchanges shows
changelogs and I thought your issue was somehow similar.

>   Although the error comes from apt-listbugs, the result is that the install
>   fails,

I cannot reproduce the above error message:

| Reading package lists... Done
| Building dependency tree
| Reading state information... Done
| The following NEW packages will be installed:
|   mediatomb
| 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
| Need to get 23.8 kB of archives.
| After this operation, 80.9 kB of additional disk space will be used.
| Get:1 http://http.debian.net/debian/ wheezy/main mediatomb all 0.12.1-4 [23.8 kB]
| Fetched 23.8 kB in 0s (42.3 kB/s)
| Retrieving bug reports... Done
| Parsing Found/Fixed information... Done
| serious bugs of mediatomb (-> 0.12.1-4) <marked as done in some version>
|  #677959 - mediatomb: fails to build against current version of libavformat (Fixed: mediatomb/0.12.1-5)
| Are you sure you want to install/upgrade the above packages? [Y/n/?/...]
| Selecting previously unselected package mediatomb.
| (Reading database ... 102731 files and directories currently installed.)
| Unpacking mediatomb (from .../mediatomb_0.12.1-4_all.deb) ...
| Setting up mediatomb (0.12.1-4) ...

The warning is clearly there but pressing enter defaults to installing
the package anyway.

>> What you did was to disable apt-listbugs without removing it completely.
>> This does nothing to solve the bug that apt-listbugs showed to you. It
>> just prevented the bugreport from being shown during installation.
>
>   It's exactly what I wanted to do, in order to complete the install.
>   Do you see an other way to achieve this result?
>   Now, reading the man, I found a better way, using the variable
>   APT_LISTBUGS_FRONTEND, which can easily be set or unset with a 5 lines
>   script.
>   Of course, it would be easier to have a prompt from apt-get itself,
>   to ignore or not the apt-listbugs result(to be put in a wish list?)

I cannot figure out what's different on your system either. Apt-listbugs
should never abort package installation without asking you. Strange.

>> http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/other/stable.html
>
>   thank you for this useful link.
>   how come mediatomb is not listed here. It should be in category:
>     "Number that have a fix prepared and waiting to upload:"

Still no. If there is a bug (and not only a misconfiguration on your
machine) then mediatomb has nothing to do with it. The bug report
against mediatomb does not relate to wheezy at all. It is about the same
version as in wheezy but the bug only arises when this version is in
testing.

J.
--
In idle moments I remember former lovers with sentimental tenderness.
[Agree]   [Disagree]