Re: who could take the time to figure out how to contact linux ? so complicated !

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 14:19:15 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> Please, lets merge the two threads into one?

> Perhaps the OP and anybody else could continue here with replying to
> this request.
>
> _We_ users from this _user_ community still need to know what skills
> the OP has got. "What" was asking "when" to install Flash, if the OP
> is using Debian or Ubuntu etc. pp..

We need to know first if Larry has a successfully running Debian
installation, and if so, is it Wheezy, Jessie, Squeeze or Sid?

I think Larry needs some help to modify his sources.list file to
include the non-free repository. I know any Debian installation I have
done does not include the non-free repository by default. Once he has
that done he can use synaptic to update and then retry to install Flash
from there.

So, Larry: there should be a file /etc/apt/sources.list on your
Debian computer. This file will have the ftp and http addresses your
computer uses to find the software that is prepackaged to run correctly
on your system. Can you find this file?