Re: mediatomb install fails on wheezy

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013, Jochen Spieker wrote:

   serious bugs of mediatomb (-> 0.12.1-4) <marked as done in some version>
   #677959 - mediatomb: fails to build against current version of
   libavformat (Fixed: mediatomb/0.12.1-5)

I have several question about this error:

By the way: the above is not an error.

  I see that:
  ****** Exiting with an error in order to stop the installation. ******

  Although the error comes from apt-listbugs, the result is that the install
  fails,

If you don't know what to do with that information, just uninstall
apt-listbugs.

   I forced the install by commenting out(temporarily), in the config file,
   the line
       DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs {"/usr/sbin/apt-listbugs apt || exit 10";};

What you did was to disable apt-listbugs without removing it completely.
This does nothing to solve the bug that apt-listbugs showed to you. It
just prevented the bugreport from being shown during installation.

  It's exactly what I wanted to do, in order to complete the install.
  Do you see an other way to achieve this result?
  Now, reading the man, I found a better way, using the variable
  APT_LISTBUGS_FRONTEND, which can easily be set or unset with a 5 lines
  script.
  Of course, it would be easier to have a prompt from apt-get itself,
  to ignore or not the apt-listbugs result(to be put in a wish list?)

4/ more generally, I had  recently a lot of such apt-listbugs errors when
   trying to install packages. This seems surprizing for a distro
   released about 6 monts ago.

You might be even more surprised about the number of release-critical
bugs in stable. :)

http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/other/stable.html

  thank you for this useful link.
  how come mediatomb is not listed here. It should be in category:
    "Number that have a fix prepared and waiting to upload:"

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel