  After some browsing about the #677959? bug report, I found:

     Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 13:34:25 +0000
     Source: mediatomb
     Source-Version: 0.12.1-5
     We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
     mediatomb, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  May-be I was too impatient, and it takes more than 4 weeks to install
    0.12.1-5, but as apt-get mentions it, I would expect it means that
    it is already available. It's rather confusing.

   NB: after that, I downloaded the source, and built it succesfully !!
   (still version 0.12.1-4)

So *you* couldn't reproduce it, doesn't mean bug doesn't exist for
someone. (e.g. did you use same libavformat source as bug submitter?)

  There is in the dowloaded tar file a libav_0.7_support.patch, but the
  bug report  mentions libav_0.11_support.patch

So, I still don't understand why "apt-get install"  fails.

FTBFS, etc are source package errors have nothing to do with "apt-get
install" failing.  Humans still need to read the output of
apt-listbugs and decide for themselves whether that bug will affect
them.
  It's also very confusing that building "by hand" (i.e. ./configure ; make ;..)
  works, and that "apt-get --build source .." fails

*Anyone* can submit a bug at *anytime*.
  in that case, the bug has already been submitted, and marked as "fixed"...

At last, mediatomb 0.12-5 is now provided by Jessie (don't know since how long)
I suppose it means that it will arrive in Wheezy some day..

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel