Re: mediatomb install fails on wheezy

Pierre Frenkiel:

> At last, mediatomb 0.12-5 is now provided by Jessie (don't know since how long)
> I suppose it means that it will arrive in Wheezy some day..

No. Packages don't get moved from testing to stable. Ever.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html#_debian_archive_basics
http://debian-handbook.info/browse/stable/sect.release-lifecycle.html

Packages in stable only receive updates for security reasons or in order
to fix other serious bugs. You might be interested in backports:

http://backports.debian.org/

But it currently doesn't shop a more recent of mediatomb.

J.
--
I will not admit to failure even when I know I am terribly mistaken and
have offended others.