Re: Re: linux-image-3.10-3-amd64 unbootable: /dev/disk/by-uuid not created

Hi everyone,

just wanting to point out that this is biting me as well (Debian sid,
first dist-upgrade since about a week). I am wondering if the
problem is not a bit further up the chain ..:

I have two physical disks, partitions on which are either raid0 or raid1
managed by mdadm. Looking at my boot log, md assembles them just fine,
but at the end of the exercise: md0: unknown partition table (and
similarly for md1, md2 and md3).  The filesystems on these are ext4
(actually not sure what I used for /dev/md0 = /boot)

As for the user starting this thread, /dev/disk/by-uuid is empty (aside
from links to devices not under mdadm control)

When I do from the initramfs shell a modprobe ext4 (which curiously is not
loaded at this stage), I can mount /dev/md1 (= /) without problems, but
that doesn't really help me to continue.

Thanks,

Stefan