Re: linux-image-3.10-3-amd64 unbootable: /dev/disk/by-uuid not created

Sven Hartge wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Can you verify that the UUID of your root device and the UUID that
> > doesn't boot on grub's kernel command line are the same?
> > Can you check to see if they do or do not match on your system?  I
> > suspect that they do not match and that is why the system will not
> > boot.  Because if they match then it should work.  This is the
> > default when booting Debian Wheezy on installations (not using
> > LVM).
>
> Absolutely. I used blkid inside the initramfs and the UUID of the
> filesystem on /dev/md0 matches the one referenced from /proc/cmdline
> for root=UUID=...

Drat.  I was hoping it would have been simple.  Thanks for confirming.
Even it is now harder.  :-)

> BTW: we (or at least I am) are not talking about Wheezy here but about
> Sid.
>
> My Wheezy systems continue to boot splendidly via root=UUID=...

If I can squeeze some time I will set up a test case and see if I can
reproduce your problem.  Currently I don't have that particular
combination available to me to try.

Bob