Re: [bulk]: who could take the time to figure out how to contact linux ? so complicated !

Hi Larry!
larry mckenna <larrymckenna1@gmail.com> hat am 14. Oktober 2013 um 12:25 geschrieben:
hi, you are not listening ! i can down load flash player too debian but it will not install i get either, find supporting software or else i get ; address not recognised, i can't install anything esle it will down load ubuntu but it will not open and install ! larry mc kenna.
I understood what you was writing. But you have to understand:

a) If you want to have flash on debian, the correct solution is to simply install the debian packages for flash. So I provided thedetails on this solution.

b) if you want to go some other way (Which you shouldn't do if you do not have the knowledge that is required), then you simply have to give details:
- What did you download?
- What did you try to install the downloaded files?

c) regarding Ubuntu: If you need help on installation of Ubuntu, you should
- Ask on an ubuntu list. (On a debian list you will not find a lot of ubuntu users)
- Read the documentation of ubuntu. I am quite sure that they provide step by step description on how to install ubuntu. (e.g. what file to download and how to burn them to a CD / DVD or write them to a usb stick). But please be aware that the core steps are the same and even on ubuntu you should install software from a package if a package is available and not simply download something from the net. And if you have any reaasons why you want to get it directly from the net, then provide more details.

And last but not least: Try to stick to the list. That way others could help, too. (This might be a good case. Maybe we both have the feeling that the other is simply not understanding what we are writing. So maybe someone else understands both of us and might be able to help.). So please understand that I CCed this reply to the list again so you can get a better support experience.

With kind regards,

Konrad