Re: Oops - copied iso image to wrong device

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 10:52:33PM +0100, Brian wrote:
> The dd command was recommended on the off-chance GRUB might be put on
> the drive now or in the future; it will refuse to install.

I see, I didn't know that, thank you. Apparently grub-setup is the
bit that complains, and it can be made to disregard the check with
the '-s' flag; however it seems non-trivial to pass -s through to
grub-setup from install-grub, and if you were using something like
d-i or another installer perhaps impossible. So, using dd is a
sensible, pragmatic suggestion.