Re: Changes in xmodmap or something?

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

[...]

> Sorry but I have no more ideas.  I can only say that the behavior you
> are seeing isn't normal.  I don't see it.  I believe other people are
> not seeing it.  Whatever the problem is it is something specific to
> your system.  The challenge is to find it.
>
> Bob

This might be interesting to anyone who followed this thread.

I posted my problem on gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg.

It resulted in this 2 msg thread.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg/49490

Briefly put, Troy K, had this to say:

,----
|   Edit ${HOME}/XTerm and add the following lines:
|   *vt100.altIsNotMeta: true
|   *vt100.altSendsEscape: true
|
|   Then start a new xterm.
`----

It worked here...  No more mystery char when pressing ALT + <whatever>