Re: Changes in xmodmap or something?

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

[...]

> Sorry but I have no more ideas.  I can only say that the behavior you
> are seeing isn't normal.  I don't see it.  I believe other people are
> not seeing it.  Whatever the problem is it is something specific to
> your system.  The challenge is to find it.

You've done a lot and spent a good bit of time helping.  Thanks for
that. And you've made me think about this stuff more than I ever had
before.

I really miss my ~/.inputrc settings but perhaps I can duplicate most of
them with xbindkeys which I use considerably anyway.

At least in console (no X) mode everything works as I expect.

I do hope someone has some more ideas.... Maybe I'll wait a while
since this thread seems to be pretty blown out now... and start a new
thread later.