Re: systemd plans

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Main Backup <vvb.backup@rambler.ru> wrote:

> I just want to ask two simple questions about debian future.
>
> 1. Will systemd default init system in future?
> 2. Why I just can't purge systemd-******* in my system now? I don't want it.
> I don't need it. I hate it by my all heart.
> If I try to remove it, dbus depends on it as well. Why?
>
> So, I just need to ask debian developers one simple question. Are you
> planning to integrate this software in debian in future?
> Are you guys seriously think that systemd is good? If it is so, I'll have to
> look for gentoo or even LFS.
>
> Personally I think that systemd is evil. It's a very poor quality software
> that's create by lame arrogant programmer. This software I just DO NOT NEED
> is integrated to all systems by force. QR-codes? I do not use them. http
> server in init system? It's an overkill. All-in-one-encapsulated software
> approach? It's contrary linux way "one task-one problem".
> Yes, I've read all this lying stuff from poettering. All of this
> "modular-system", all of this "progressive approach", bla-bla-blah. Enough
> of
> this! He can to pour his lies to everybody's ears, but me. I do not need
> holy
> wars about systemd. I'm already done my decision about it.
> I just want to have FREEDOM. Freedom of will.
> I DO NOT WANT ANY PULSEAUDIO, SYSTEMD and more of poettering software on ALL
> of MY computers.
> I JUST WANT TO PURGE THEM ALL. Can I do it now in debian? No. I can't purge
> systemd-login0 without removing dbus.
> So. If there will be systemd in debian, there is no place for me in such
> system. And I have to move to gentoo or LFS.

We always welcome ranting and trolling on d-u. :)

Debian hasn't decided on its sysinit future, whether it sticks with
sysvinit or transitions to systemd or upstart.

libsystemd-login0 is the replacement of consolekit (which has been
deprecated) and is used for tracking sessions. Using it doesn't mean
that you're using systemd as PID 1. Even Ubuntu's using it.

I don't think that dbus depends on consolekit on Debian 6 and I have
no idea why dbus depends on libsystemd-login0 on Debian 7. Perhaps
libsystemd-login0 is better integrated (or just integrated) with dbus
than consolekit (if it was at all),