Re: Building computer

On Sep 26, 2013, at 10:50 PM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:

I'd call it obscure rather than magical.

Any sufficiently obscure technique is indistinguishable from magic - (my apologies to Arthur C. Clark).

On my recent ill-fated Gateway it took spamming the delete key during boot, and then once the login screen appeared clicking on "update and restart" while holding the shift key. As any same person would do, I immediately altered the boot options once in BIOS so the message to hit delete or F12 for the boot menu would appear. Of course, the boot menu never recognized the Linux installation. And only recognized the CD sometimes.