Re: HDD repair help please

Am Donnerstag, 26. September 2013, 18:08:54 schrieb Gábor Hársfalvi:
> Hi,
>
> How could I repair my HDD with disk manager or similar?
>
> Because, it has got a lots of bad sector.
>
> Before I could do that with fsck in recovery mode after umount /home. But
> now it can't work - it says device in use.

Hi!
Try to boot from a linux livesystem. Then you have access to a lot of rescue
tools. Dependend of the filesystem you want to rescue, you might want to choose
the best option.

My suggestion:

For FAT/NTFS try UBCD4WIN, maybe also Hirens Boot CD.

For those and EXT2/3/4 and other linux based filesystems, I suggest live
systems like Trinity-Rescue-Kit, Rescatux or Rescue-is-Possible. Also GRML is
very good.

These alll content much tools for rescueing systems.

You might also want to look at DEFT-7.2 (32-bit) or DEFT-8 (64-bit).

Good luck

Hans