Re: Security?

On Sun, 2013-09-22 at 15:26 -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > > Wow (what hubris by NSA/USA)! Did any arrest take place for shutting
> > > down Lavabit (sorry, no time to read just now)? Either way, nice to
> > > see integrity/principle prevail in a human.
> >
> > The Wiki doesn't give more information. I suspect that they can't arrest
> > him, if they would do, the American folks perhaps wouldn't tolerate
> > this.
>
> Bruce Schneier recently blogged about this topic with an interesting
> observation.  I will quote a small snippet of it.  I recommend that
> you read the entire article for all of the context.
>
>   NSA intimidation expanding surveillance state
>   by Bruce Schneier
>   http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/08/27/nsa-snowden-russia-obama-column/2702461/
>   https://www.schneier.com/crypto-gram-1309.html#2
>   [snip]

If most companies would be willing to say "no", what would they do?
Arrest all those people and continue their business by government
employees? And who are those government employees? Humans, fellow
citizen! They also could say "no".

I never understood/understand how fascism can be possible? Is it really
possible that a minority can control all the others or isn't it a
minority, but most folks who are willing to contribute.

We had parliamentary elections for the Bundestag yesterday and seemingly
_many_ people must have voted for a party, that isn't good for them,
their families and friends. Why do people freely vote for something that
does serious harm to them? Autoaggression? Many of us work 40 hours a
week and we don't have enough money for a living and many from those
people who don't have enough for a living by working 40 hours a day
voted the same party again.

In Germany even a party that did an election campaign by promising to
make a law that will govern what we have to eat on what day is the
fourth powerful party. _Many_ people voted a party that planned this law
saying "on one day in the week, you aren't allowed to eat some
foodstuff". What next? On Monday nobody is allowed to wear blue shows
and on Thursday it's forbidden to eat salad using a fork, you have to
use a spoon?

I guess we need to accept that most people do like the NSA, they even
want somebody who force them not to eat some food on some days.

Hey, they camp in front of the Apple store, because they fear that Apple
didn't build enough iPhones for them. They can't wait to upload their
fingerprints to a cloud, IOW to contribute their fingerprints to the
NSA. To do this they spend the night in front of _closed_ Apple stores.