Re: Sound problems on Wheezy upgrade

On Monday 16 September 2013 23:20:21 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Monday 16 September 2013 22:02:05 Gregory Nowak wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 09:51:17AM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > > I had thought that sound was probably muted somewhere - I just couldn't
> > > find where!  amixer shows it clearly.  All (all? ;-) ) I now have to do
> > > is use the man pages to find out how to unmute the master at the
> > > command line.  I have found how to unmute capture, but capture isn't
> > > muted!
> >
> > Try this:
> >
> > amixer set Master unmute
>
> Thank you for continuing to help, Gregory.  Still no sound. :-(
>
> Radu is right about the PulseAudio default, so that at least is wrong and
> needs correcting.  I'm not being very successful, so I'll get some sleep
> and hope to have a clearer head in the morning!  (F6 -> select correct card
> -> no change.  Ditto with S.)

I am still struggling with this.  I have come to the conclusion that the only
way that I personally am going to succeed with this is to edit a
configuration file, but I cannot find what to edit to.  I have found advice
on editing the Pulse configuration file on the net, but what I have tried has
not helped so I have gone back to the original vanilla file.

What I need to do, it seems to me, since the n-curses alsamixer will not
accept any alterations, is to edit a configuration file in such a way as to
change the default. But searching for this has got me nowhere.

Any suggestions, please?

Many thanks,
Lisi