Re: Sound problems on Wheezy upgrade

On Monday 16 September 2013 22:02:05 Gregory Nowak wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 09:51:17AM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > I had thought that sound was probably muted somewhere - I just couldn't
> > find where!  amixer shows it clearly.  All (all? ;-) ) I now have to do
> > is use the man pages to find out how to unmute the master at the command
> > line.  I have found how to unmute capture, but capture isn't muted!
>
> Try this:
>
> amixer set Master unmute

Thank you for continuing to help, Gregory.  Still no sound. :-(

Radu is right about the PulseAudio default, so that at least is wrong and
needs correcting.  I'm not being very successful, so I'll get some sleep and
hope to have a clearer head in the morning!  (F6 -> select correct card -> no
change.  Ditto with S.)

Lisi