Re: Sound problems on Wheezy upgrade

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 23:20:21 +0100
Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday 16 September 2013 22:02:05 Gregory Nowak wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 09:51:17AM +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > > I had thought that sound was probably muted somewhere - I just
> > > couldn't find where!  amixer shows it clearly.  All (all? ;-) ) I
> > > now have to do is use the man pages to find out how to unmute the
> > > master at the command line.  I have found how to unmute capture,
> > > but capture isn't muted!
> >
> > Try this:
> >
> > amixer set Master unmute
>
> Thank you for continuing to help, Gregory.  Still no sound. :-(
>
> Radu is right about the PulseAudio default, so that at least is wrong
> and needs correcting.  I'm not being very successful, so I'll get
> some sleep and hope to have a clearer head in the morning!  (F6 ->
> select correct card -> no change.  Ditto with S.)
>
> Lisi

What does this output?

amixer -c N scontents (list each control settings for card N)

I presume your card 0 is pulseaudio, your real sound card is no 1. There may be also other devices.

Also, you can list sound modules:

lsmod | grep snd

Also, you can see what is your sound card:

lspci | grep Audio

Regards

--
Marko Ranđelović, B.Sc.
Software Developer

Note: If you see a nonsense enclosed between lines

then this message is digitally signed using OpenPGP compliant software.
You need an appropriate plugin for your email client or other OpenPGP
compliant software in order to verify the signature. However, the concept
of computer insecurity implies digital signature is not absolute proof of
identity.