RE: Driver installation [ANSWER] {SOLVED]

> > On 09/17/2013 10:42 PM, Mark Allums wrote:
> > > My mistake.  No, this is the same driver that won't install.  I saw
> > > the 15th, and thought Sept., but it was August.
> > >
> > > Thanks, though.  Any other suggestions welcome.
> > >
> > > Mark
> > >
> > IIRC, you had issues with a compilation from source. The link I gave
> > you has binaries in it. So if it still doesn't work, what is the error
> > message?

> I mislead you.  In this case the source in question is the source to the kernel
> module for the running kernel.  That is, it has to be compiled for the
> running kernel.  That is why dkms exists: to automate the process every
> time a new kernel is installed.  The binaries won't work without  the
> matching module.
>
> I am going to try copying the binary to the appropriate  /lib/modules/...
> directory and run depmod and update-initramfs.  However, the glue module
> will still be wrong and I don't think it will work.

A final update:  I got an answer from Adaptec.  The problem is acknowledged and they are working on a fix.

>From Adaptec:

Subject
7805: compile error debian 7.0 wheezy

 Discussion Thread
 Response Via Email (Sandis Zviedrans)	09/19/2013 02:39 AM
Hello Mark,

We were able to reproduce the issue having exactly the same error messages. We assume, the issue is related to dkms and we've contacted our engineering department to look for a possible solution. As soon as we know something, we'll let you know.

Kind regards,

Adaptec by PMC
Technical Support

So that wraps it up for now, and I trust it will be sorted out in due course.  I just need to be patient.

Mark