Re: Choosing among "Desktop Enviroments" and/or "Windows Managers"

To switch between DEs, you can do it with the usual connection managers, IIRC. But I personally prefer to login on TTY and then start the window manager/DE of my choice. Usually, DEs have a 'start-my_favorite_de' command to do that. If you are tired about starting them by hand everytime, you can add those lines to your ~/.bash_profile file:

if [ -z "$DISPLAY" ] && [ $(tty) == /dev/tty1 ];then
	startx
fi
Of course, starting from here can allow you to think about other things, like using startx for tty1, gnome for tty2, kde for tty3, etc. It is like the usual connection managers, but without the mouse or eyecandy stuff, and more lightweight. My current only problem with that is that I still need to enter my login and password at start, which is boring on my desktop, but I never tried to fix that for now.