Choosing among "Desktop Enviroments" and/or "Windows Managers"

/Background
I'm relatively new to Linux. I got my feet wet by installing Squeeze (6.0.5) on a used laptop (Lenovo R61) purchased explicitly purchased for experimenting. Having used computers since Hector was a pup, accidents happen.

As I have minimal to *NO INTERNET* access, when Debian 7.1 DVDs became available from vendors I purchased the 10 DVD set. I also purchased the live DVDs for Gnome, lxde, kde, and xfce. I did some test runs of each. I chose xfce for my initial Wheezy install based almost exclusively on "look and feel". It felt "comfortable" and seemed to express my somewhat vague ideas of how a GUI should 'act'.

It was an educational experience. Each had something I'd like to see in an ideal installation. I also did more web browsing comparing "Desktop Environments" to "Windows Managers" and product comparisons within those classifications.

/Questions
1. Given that I prefer LILO over GRUB and xfce over Gnome/lxde/kde, what GUIs should I investigate further. 2. Given that internet is effectively non-existent and internal/external disk space is effectively unlimited, how can I make as many as possible of the DE &/or WM on the distribution DVD simply available to experiment with?

TIA