Re: Re: nm eth0 connection

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 01:18:27PM +0530, Kailash wrote:
> On Friday 13 September 2013 10:12 AM, Robert Holtzm wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 12:23:50AM +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:

> >> Daft as it sounds, have you tried rebooting? That might well clear the
> >> bottleneck, hopefully :)
> >
> > Any number of times, after any change. Don't know if it's required but
> > it can't hurt.
> >
> Ok, so if network manager's working and you have a valid IP address, and
> you can't ping, then there may be some issue you with routing.
> $routel
> might be a good starting point.

Not sure (that's a euphemism for haven't a clue) what routel is telling
me. With the ethernet cable plugged in and an unsuccessful ping in progress
what routel shows is on http://pastebin.ca/2451397. How about a quick
tutorial?

Also see my reply to Tom H for the partial workaround I found.

--
Bob Holtzman
Your mail is being read by tight lipped