Re: Printer brand recommendations

Thanks, guys.

John,  this 2 HP became my priorities for now.

Please, anyone knows about Epson m105, and Samsung ml_2165w
?

Thanks,
Beco

On 10 Sep 2013 08:04, "John Lindsay" <jclind@sentex.net> wrote:

On 09/09/13 01:48 PM, Beco wrote:
Hi guys,

Please allow me to revive this thread. (Let me know if its better to
start a new one)

I'm in need of help to find a new printer. My current printer (Samsung
SCX4200 stopped working since Wheezy upgrade. I already asked here
about the issue and tried to correct it with no success.)

Now, its very tricky to find a good gnu-linux/debian compatible

Also, in my reach, I found for now three I'm willing to buy.

HP LaserJet Pro P1102w

Black&  White laser printer, max. 600x600 dpi, works Mostly SCORE: 2 penguins
Recommended Driver: foo2zjs-z2 (Home page)
Generic Instructions: CUPS, LPD, LPRng, PPR, PDQ, no spooler

Do you have any information and/or recommendation regarding this printers?

Do you suggest any other similar that I might try to find in stores nearby?

(Preferable laser / wifi. Color not needed.)

Thank you!

Beco

I have had the HP Laserjet pro P1102w for about 1.5 years. Installed easily into whatever variety of linux I decide to use (primary debian 6.0) but 2nd computer could have any distro put on it. Wireless worked great right out of the box. I recently took it out of service and replaced it with an HP Laserjet Pro P1606DN simply because I wanted duplex printing. I lost the wireless with this one but it integrated nicely on my wireless router and works fine. As to cartridge prices -- $99  for a cartridge for this unit from a local store but from an online supplier of re-filled/re manufactured toner cartridges  $40 (Canadian).

Forget about brother -- had one and was totally disappointed in its ability to integrate with Linus.

YMMV

John