Re: ssh X

Hello Verde, hope you are well :)

Your error report/ request for assistance, is woefully inadequate. Let
me suggest further details for you to provide:

On 9/5/13, Verde Denim <tdldev@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just successfully got ssh -X to work to connect remotely to my BT5

I have no idea wtf is BT5.

As a good rule of seeking-help-from-others, who may well not know what
I am familiar with, is:
The first time you use an abbreviation/acronym (at least, one which is
not common occurence on the list/forum in which you are seeking help),
you ought to put the expansion in brackets, immediately after the
first occurrence of your use of that acronym.

> machine. Works great!

What works great?
BT5? So what's BT5?
Or what application are you running remotely?
Or did you choose to run a whole desktop "remotely"?

You have not said what you are even running.

So many assumptions, and so many people who can easily ignore what you
say, because they do not speak your language of assumed knowledge :)

> Except when I end the session.

What session? SSH session? Application? Desktop session remote?
Desktop session local?

More assumptions, more people lost what you are saying.

> I wind up with the
> top and bottom task bars of my local desktop, but the display of BT5. Is
> there a graceful way to exit the session and have my local desktop
> return

Oh, so your local desktop "went"?

And you think that is not a problem?

It is clear to me, that there is much you are not telling :)

> or do I need to log out and back in again every time I end a ssh
> -X session?

I never had to, no.

But it looks like you are hiding some deep (and hopefully lite) secrets :)

> Thanks, as always, for the input.

No probs. Hope it was useful.

Good luck
Zenaan