Re: XFCE4 - gedit - was Re: Thanks

* On 2013 05 Sep 05:48 -0500, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > Turns out, they both produce almost identical errors. Gedit error:
> >
> > (gedit:15593): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:101:18:
> > Not using units is deprecated. Assuming 'px'.
> >
> > Evince error:
> >
> > (evince:15620): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:101:18:
> > Not using units is deprecated. Assuming 'px'.
>
> PS, the "menus with no spacing between them" occurs the same in both
> gedit and evince.

It sounds like you're lacking a GTK3 theme engine.  For example, I have
the clearlooks-phenix-theme package installed so that GTK3 and GTK2 apps
look nearly identical.

Both Gedit and Evince use GTK3 which has its own method of defining
themes, as I understand it.  Also, I don't see the Theme parsing error
you're getting when starting either Geany or Evince from a terminal (I'm
running a nearly up-to-date Sid).

Try experimenting with different GTK3 theme packages.

- Nate