Re: dpkg-query - package "un"packed, no version ???

On 2013-09-02, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:

> curty@einstein:~$ dpkg -l vim-doc
>|
> Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
>|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
>||/ Name                 Version              Description
> un  vim-doc              <none>               (no description available)
>
> I don't understand as you're not cutting and pasting you're output.  You're not
> getting the same output as me apparently.

Sorry to follow up on myself, but if someone could just cut and paste
the output from their machine that shows an instance of an 'un' in the first
field of a dpkg query _without_ a corresponding <none> and <no
description available> in the subsequent Version and Description fields,
I could go back to sleep, which is what I do best.