Re: dpkg-query - package "un"packed, no version ???

On 9/2/13, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
> Anyone know why I get this:
>
> $ dpkg-query --list vim-athena
> |
> Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
> |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name                Version        Architecture   Description
> +++-===================-==============-==============-============================================
> un  vim-athena          <none>                        (no description
> available)

Actually I misread the status, that's u and n, not U and n, ie
"unknown" and "not-installed".

Further example:
$ dpkg-query --list chromium-browser-dbg 2>&1
dpkg-query: no packages found matching chromium-browser-dbg

Why don't I get this result, with vim-athena?

Also:
$ dpkg-query -s vim-athena 2>&1
dpkg-query: package 'vim-athena' is not installed and no information
is available
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.