Re: Thanks

On Sat, August 31, 2013 11:19 pm, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> There are a lot of other good (and also lots of bad) DEs, but Xfce4 is
> the DE that is most similar to GNOME2 + stable + in official
> repositories of Debian and many other distros. I suspect the OP wants
> GNOME2, so recommending KDE (a good DE) or recommending Fluxbox and LXDE
> (good DEs too) isn't good. To recommend something unstable as
> Enlightenment or something that comes with similar issues as GNOME 3,
> e.g. Cinnamon or something that isn't in official repositories from
> Debian and most other distros, e.g. Mate isn't good too. IMO the OP
> should test Xfce4. Just to name each DE we know and like isn't a help
> for the OP.

Actually, Ralf, I've been using Enlightenment for a good year now and find
it as solid as a rock.

Vastly improved, in that regard, from the old days of all the 'burnished
metal finishes and etc.
Kind regards,

Weaver.

--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine

Registered Linux User: 554515