Re: DICT: creating an .index file from a .dict.dz

On 2013-08-31, Franco <franco00@gmx.com> wrote:

> So I ask you:
>      - Is there a way to 'rebuild' the index file from a .dict.dz one? How?
>      - is DICT compatible with Stardict? Is there a quick way of converting
>        between them?

curty@einstein:~$ apt-cache show dictconv
<snip some extraneous details>
  Dictconv is a small program to convert a dictionay file type in another
  dictionary file type. Currently, it supports converting from Babylon
  glossaries, Freedict dictionaries, Sdictionary dictionaries and Stardict
  dictionaries to DICT dictionaries, plain text dictionaries and StarDict
  dictionaries. More file types will be added in new versions.
 Homepage: http://ktranslator.sourceforge.net/
 Tag: implemented-in::c++, role::program, use::converting, works-with::dictionary

It seems to say it can do the format conversion you're requesting, if I'm
understanding correctly.