DICT: creating an .index file from a .dict.dz

Hello everybody,
    I was searching the Internet to find an Italian vocabulary to use with
`dict` [1]. Aso you might know, `dict` needs two files, a '.dict.dz' one and
 an '.index' file.
After a bit of searching, I found a page with an Italian Stardict vocabulary
[2].

Problem is that, once I unzip the archive, I find a '.dict.dz' archive
inside that, *but no index file*.

So I ask you:
     - Is there a way to 'rebuild' the index file from a .dict.dz one? How?
     - is DICT compatible with Stardict? Is there a quick way of converting
       between them?

Thanks
-Franco

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DICT