Need to install from hard disk but manual is missing details.

Hello.

I want to install Debian on a x86-64 laptop that came installed with Ubuntu. I can't get CD, DVD or USB memory sticks because I'm ill and can't get from the bed. I don't want to bother my family even more. Therefore I want to use hard disk installation.

I have already made a new unformatted partition for Debian. I want to keep Ubuntu initially and later erase it, to have a working system if something goes wrong. Also, I have checked with lspci and lsusb that free software drivers are available and used by Ubuntu for this hardware.

The manual page http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch05s01.html.en#boot-initrd says that I should download a couple of files depending on whether I want to do a netinstall or use a ISO image on an existing partition. I can use any but prefer the former.

Where must I download these files from?. Seems like I found them at http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/debian-installer/amd64/ and http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/installer-amd64/current/images/hd-media/. Is this right?. Is there any official document where I can verify this?. Why is the manual so unspecific?.