Re: A notification tray?

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 18:03:15 +0200
berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

> Le 29.08.2013 17:20, Sharon Kimble a écrit :
> > Cinnamon and Gnome 3 both have a tray that holds all notification
> > messages until their read and deleted. These messages are ones like
> > saying that your backup has just started, or you’ve got 3 new e
> mails,
> > nice simple easily forgotten ones. But, what is this 'tray'? Can it
> > > be used in fluxbox, or other lighter DE's? Is there anything
> > > comparable > to
> > the tray please, because I'd really like it in my fluxbox setup. It
> > was very useful when I was using cinnamon, but apt-get removed >
> > cinnamon yesterday, and when I went to re-download it today there
> > was a big > bug against it, so its not working at the moment.
> >
> > But can anybody help re the tray? Could it be accomplished in a bash
> > script? Does someone with the skill to code it have the same itch
> > and would find a use for it?
> >
> > Hopefully, thanks
> > Sharon.
>
> I am confused by your message.
>
> Are you speaking about the tray area, which is where the icons rely,
> like for opera, transmission-gtk, skype, the hour, or whatever? Or
> are you speaking about bubbles that some softwares are able to spawn
> on the desktop?

The tray that I'm talking about sits next to the status tray and is
separate from it.

> If you are speaking about the bubbles, notifications, then you should
> take a look at package "notification-daemon" and which packages
> depends on it, it may help you in your quest :) .

'notification-daemon' is installed and working well, but I'm after the
tray to hold the notification messages overnight if necessary.

Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.0.4
Registered Linux user 334501