Re: A notification tray?

Le 29.08.2013 17:20, Sharon Kimble a écrit :
Cinnamon and Gnome 3 both have a tray that holds all notification
messages until their read and deleted. These messages are ones like
saying that your backup has just started, or you’ve got 3 new emails,
nice simple easily forgotten ones. But, what is this 'tray'? Can it be used in fluxbox, or other lighter DE's? Is there anything comparable to
the tray please, because I'd really like it in my fluxbox setup. It
was very useful when I was using cinnamon, but apt-get removed cinnamon yesterday, and when I went to re-download it today there was a big bug
against it, so its not working at the moment.

But can anybody help re the tray? Could it be accomplished in a bash
script? Does someone with the skill to code it have the same itch and
would find a use for it?

Hopefully, thanks
Sharon.

I am confused by your message.

Are you speaking about the tray area, which is where the icons rely, like for opera, transmission-gtk, skype, the hour, or whatever? Or are you speaking about bubbles that some softwares are able to spawn on the desktop?

If you are speaking about the bubbles, notifications, then you should take a look at package "notification-daemon" and which packages depends on it, it may help you in your quest :) .